What you will need:
~1/3 of a yard of Towel like fabric
~15 inches of ribbon (I used 1 1/2 inch but any size would be cute)
~The pattern piece HERE (be sure that the scale is to "None")
*All seams are 1/4 inch*
1. Cut 1 piece that is 12 inches by 22 inches. Cut 2 of the Hood pattern.
2. With right sides together, sew the 2 hood pieces together along the curved edge. Clip curves.
3. Hem the long edge of the hood. Addy was helping me out, she was in a sewing mood. ;-)
4. Sew the ribbon to the hood, a 1/2 inch away from the edge. Set aside for now.
5. Hem all 4 sides of the large towel piece. For the bottom hem, I did a larger (about 1 inch) hem.
You can do whatever you think looks good. :-)
6. With wrong sides together, fold your hemmed towel in half. Place a pin to mark the middle. Open the towel back up.
7. With right sides together, pin the hood to the towel, matching the center seam of the hood to the pin on the hemmed towel. Sew together.
I hope you (and your dolls) like the pattern! :-D
Here are some more pictures for your viewing pleasure! And I may or may not have gotten carried away with editing the pictures. Hehe! ;-)
|I also made some out of blue towel fabric, and 3/4 inch ribbon.|